- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Pinched Nerve Relief from Your Chiropractor in West Valley City, UT
Most people have daily activities they take for granted. Discomfort from a pinched nerve can make it impossible to perform all or even some of them. Patients who visit us at Peterson Chiropractic can take advantage of a number of natural treatment options from our chiropractor in West Valley City, UT for pain relief.
Overview of Pinched Nerves
A pinched nerve develops because of too much pressure on a nerve from the tissue around it, such as tendons, bones, or muscles. The excessive pressure interferes with its ability to function correctly. The sensation of a pinched nerve causes gives this condition its name.
Some patients notice that symptoms worsen while sleeping. The most common signs of this disorder include:
- Reduced sensation or even numbness in the part of the body served by the nerve
- Muscle weakness
- Sharp, aching, or burning pain that sometimes radiates outward
- Frequent “fallen asleep” sensations in a foot or a hand
- Feelings of pins and needles or tingling
A number of conditions cause pinched nerves. These are the most common:
- Stress related to repetitive work
- Sports or hobbies
Chiropractic Pinched Nerve Treatment
Chiropractic bases treatment on natural therapies that avoid medication or surgery to help the body self-heal. The first step in pinched nerve treatment is a comprehensive physical exam to assess exactly what is causing the discomfort.
Once we have confirmed a pinched nerve diagnosis, we can offer several therapeutic options:
- Adjustments relieve pressure on a nerve caused by spinal discs pushing on nerve roots or by a vertebral subluxation. They correct spinal misalignments.
- Exercises help develop lost muscle strength and restore range of motion linked to lost muscle tone. Strengthening exercises are helpful for correct posture and avoiding future issues.
- Massage therapy loosens tight tissue, freeing a compressed nerve. It is beneficial for pinched nerves caused by excessive pressure from internal scar tissue or tight muscles.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Chiropractor in West Valley City UT
Is discomfort caused by a pinched nerve keeping you from enjoying the activities you love? Treatment from our Peterson Chiropractic practice in West Valley City UT can make that pain disappear and help you reach a healthy, energetic state. Our three doctors provide a full range of services based on natural therapies. Call us today at 801-972-1222 to schedule an appointment with a Peterson chiropractor and start feeling better.