Pinched Nerve Relief from Your Chiropractor in West Valley City, UT
Most people have daily activities they take for granted. Discomfort from a pinched nerve can make it impossible to perform all or even some of them. Patients who visit us at Peterson Chiropractic can take advantage of a number of natural treatment options from our chiropractor in West Valley City, UT for pain relief.
Overview of Pinched Nerves
A pinched nerve develops because of too much pressure on a nerve from the tissue around it, such as tendons, bones, or muscles. The excessive pressure interferes with its ability to function correctly. The sensation of a pinched nerve causes gives this condition its name.
Some patients notice that symptoms worsen while sleeping. The most common signs of this disorder include:
- Reduced sensation or even numbness in the part of the body served by the nerve
- Muscle weakness
- Sharp, aching, or burning pain that sometimes radiates outward
- Frequent “fallen asleep” sensations in a foot or a hand
- Feelings of pins and needles or tingling
A number of conditions cause pinched nerves. These are the most common:
- Stress related to repetitive work
- Sports or hobbies
Chiropractic Pinched Nerve Treatment
Chiropractic bases treatment on natural therapies that avoid medication or surgery to help the body self-heal. The first step in pinched nerve treatment is a comprehensive physical exam to assess exactly what is causing the discomfort.
Once we have confirmed a pinched nerve diagnosis, we can offer several therapeutic options:
- Adjustments relieve pressure on a nerve caused by spinal discs pushing on nerve roots or by a vertebral subluxation. They correct spinal misalignments.
- Exercises help develop lost muscle strength and restore range of motion linked to lost muscle tone. Strengthening exercises are helpful for correct posture and avoiding future issues.
- Massage therapy loosens tight tissue, freeing a compressed nerve. It is beneficial for pinched nerves caused by excessive pressure from internal scar tissue or tight muscles.